virt-index-validate - Validate virt-builder index file
virt-builder(1) uses an index file to store metadata about templates
that it knows how to use. This index file has a specific format which
virt-index-validate knows how to validate.
Note that virt-index-validate can validate either the signed or
unsigned index file (ie. either "index" or "index.asc"). It can only
validate a local file, not a URL.
Check for compatibility with virt-builder 1.24.0. (Using this
option implies --compat-1.24.1, so you don't need to use both.)
· This version of virt-builder could not handle "[...]" (square
brackets) in field names (eg. "checksum[sha512]=...").
· It required detached signatures ("sig=...").
Check for compatibility with virt-builder ≥ 1.24.1.
· This version of virt-builder could not handle "." (period) in
field names or "," (comma) in subfield names.
· It could not handle comments appearing in the file.
Display version number and exit.
This program returns 0 if the index file validates, or non-zero if
there was an error.
Richard W.M. Jones http://people.redhat.com/~rjones/
Copyright (C) 2013 Red Hat Inc.
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it
under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the
Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your
option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but
WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU
General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along
with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc.,
51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA.
To get a list of bugs against libguestfs, use this link:
To report a new bug against libguestfs, use this link:
When reporting a bug, please supply:
· The version of libguestfs.
· Where you got libguestfs (eg. which Linux distro, compiled from
· Describe the bug accurately and give a way to reproduce it.
· Run libguestfs-test-tool(1) and paste the complete, unedited output
into the bug report.